The organizers of the Cody Wild West River Fest seek entries for the 2016 Short Film Festival.
This is a great opportunity to showcase films and videos about river recreation, conservation, or just plain fun on the river. Both amateurs and professionals are welcome to participate. Select entries will be shown on the big screen at the Cody Theater during the festival August 20 at 7:30 p.m. There’s NO ENTRY FEE and the guidelines are easy.
- For each entry, designate one of three categories: whitewater adventure, fishing, or other (river cleanup, livin’ the river life, conservation…you name it!)
- Entries should not exceed 3 minutes
- Producers may submit up to 3 entries (in the same or multiple categories)
- Preferred formats are MP4 or MPEG
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a submission link and more information
- DEADLINE FOR ENTRY IS JULY 31, 2016
Each entry will be screened twice by a panel of judges that include Wild West River Fest organizers and local river enthusiasts. Major criteria for winners is a strong plot that’s delivered in a unique way that promotes river recreation and/or conservation.
- The “Facebook Favorite” prize – Chosen from selected entries posted on the festival Facebook page (Facebook.com/CodyRiverFest) from August 1-20 – the one that receives the most “likes” wins the prize.
- The “Audience Favorite” prize – Awarded based on votes during the screening of selected entries at the Cody Theater.
Both prizes will be awarded at the film festival on August 20, 7:30 p.m. at the Cody Theater, 1171 Sheridan Avenue, Cody, Wyoming.