Gov Mead seeks input on Wyoming water strategy
— November 2, 2013
(Press release) Gov. Matt Mead is seeking opinions from interested individuals and groups across the state on how Wyoming can better manage, develop, protect, conserve and restore its water. The Governor’s Office will host listening sessions around the state as the first step in developing a Wyoming Water Strategy.
The creation of a Water Strategy was identified as one of the most important initiatives of “Leading the Charge: Wyoming’s Action Plan for Energy, Environment and Economy.” The series of nine meetings will allow people in various communities and from different backgrounds to share their opinions.
“The Wyoming Energy Strategy lays out a direction for how we can best develop energy and conserve the environment. Water is our most valuable resource and that is why we need to ensure we, as a state, identify specific action items for how to be leaders in water management,” Gov. Mead said. “I am hopeful that these listening sessions will be widely attended and help shape this Water Strategy.”
Here is the information on the listening sessions:
• November 5th, 5:30 – 7:30, co-hosted by the Sublette County Commissioners at the Rendezvous Senior Center, Pinedale, Wyoming.
• November 12th, 1:00 – 3:00, co-hosted by the Saratoga Rawlins Encampment Conservation District at the Platte Valley Community Center, Saratoga, Wyoming.
• November 14th, 10:00 – 12:00, co-hosted by the Wyoming Outdoor Council and the Nature Conservancy at Best Western the Inn at Lander, Lander, Wyoming.
• November 21st, 10:00 – 12:00, co-hosted by the Conservation Fund, Teton County Library, Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
• November 25th, 1:00-3:00, co-hosted by Representative Sue Wallis, Senator Ogden Driskill, and the Northeast Wyoming Legislators at the Gillette College Technology Center, Gillette, Wyoming.
• December 2nd, 2:00 – 4:00, co-hosted by the Wyoming County Commissioners Association at Little America, Cheyenne, Wyoming.
• December 5th, 10:00 – 12:00, co-hosted by the Petroleum Association of Wyoming at the Parkway Plaza Hotel and Convention Centre, Casper, Wyoming.
• December 6th, 10:00 – 12:00, co-hosted by the Shoshone Conservation District at the Community Center, Lovell, Wyoming.
• December 19th, 3:00 – 5:00, co-hosted by Goshen County Economic Development at the Eastern Wyoming College Fine Arts Auditorium, Torrington, Wyoming.