Why Support WyoFile
WyoFile members value independent, nonpartisan local journalism, recognize its role in building and sustaining healthy communities and understand that it’s only possible with their financial support. Member support is the foundation on which WyoFile operates. It provides not only essential funding and — through recurring membership donations — the financial certainty we need to plan for the future, but also the public mandate that underpins our work.
An investment in WyoFile is an investment in an informed Wyoming populace, armed with facts and engaged with their community. If you find our work valuable, we hope you will join us and keep our journalism free for all by making a donation or becoming a monthly member.
Ways to give
Supporters can donate online with a credit card.
Checks can be made payable to “WyoFile” and mailed to:
PO Box 1099
Lander WY 82520
We do accept stock transfers, which are handled by the Wyoming Community Foundation on our behalf. To make a gift of stock please reach out to Vickery Fales Hall, Director of Donor Relations at WYCF at firstname.lastname@example.org or 307-721-8300.
Other ways to support:
- Spread the Word. So many readers come to WyoFile as their primary source of statewide news. But so many others in Wyoming haven’t come across our reporting. Help inform your community by sharing a favorite story with colleagues, friends or family.
- Fundraise for WyoFile. Dedicated and eager readers are an integral part of the WyoFile community. While WyoFile runs a few membership fundraising campaigns per year, some of our readers chose to fundraise for WyoFile on Facebook year-round.
- Follow us on social media. Participate in discussions on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Comment on our stories. We read every comment shared by our readers before it posts to the WyoFile website. Reader comments have informed our reporting, inspired us to write new stories and shaped conversations in the halls of power.
- Share your voice! Do you have a writing background and opinions that you think folks need to hear on important Wyoming issues? Email email@example.com to learn more about becoming a WyoFile guest writer.
- Share your images. We’re always looking for great Photo Friday entries.
- Email us with feedback! Let us know what topics you’d like more coverage of or send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send tips. Some of our most impactful stories originated from reader tips. Is there something happening in your community that the rest of the world should know about or that warrants investigation? You can send information, or simply start a conversation, here. You can even reach us anonymously.
- Participate in a survey. We want to know more about our readers and their needs. We’ll be sending out periodic surveys and your input helps ensure we’re best serving the needs of our community.
- Attend one of our events. While many events came to a standstill in 2020, we hope to resume community events in 2021. Whether via Zoom or in-person, we hope to reconnect with our community soon!
- Donate a venue. We’re hosting in-person events, small and large, to bring our community together, and supporters can help enormously by offering venue space. Contact email@example.com for more information.
You can find our editorial oversight and donor disclosure policies here.