Dan Neal of the Equality State Policy Center posted this notice of a virtual town hall meeting scheduled for Oct. 18, 2012, regarding public pensions:
Pension coalition reaches out via compressed video
Public can join discussion at 6 community colleges, UW
Meeting set Thursday, Oct. 18 at 7 p.m.
Continuing its effort to educate the public and public employees about Wyoming’s Public Pension system and its key role in both better government and the state’s economy, the Coalition for a Healthy Retirement System has planned a virtual town hall meeting Oct. 18.
Wyoming Retirement System Director Thom Williams will outline the basic aspects of the system and how its health can be maintained over the long-term. Williams will be joined at Laramie County Community College, the origination site for the compressed video “broadcast,” by several other speakers, including a Cheyenne fire fighter.
The public can attend at the following locations:
- Cheyenne – Laramie County Community College, Education & Enrichment Center Room 132
- Casper – Casper College, Goodstein Library Room 102 (Seating limited)
- Laramie – University of Wyoming, College of Education Room 2
- Powell – Northwest College, Moyer Building Room 108
- Riverton – Central Wyoming College, Intertribal Building Room 125
- Rock Springs – Western Wyoming Community College, Annex Room A102
- Torrington – Eastern Wyoming College, Tebbet Building Room 270
Two town hall meetings in November
The coalition conducted a live town hall meeting Aug. 14 in Sheridan. Two other live town hall meetings are scheduled, including one Nov. 8 in Cheyenne at the DOT auditorium, and in Casper on Nov. 28 at the Nichols Auditorium on the Casper College campus.